1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to identify lag switch, bad connection, and mods

Discussion in 'Red Dead Discussion' started by Persht, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,623 / 85 / -6
    Now I know a lot of people like to hate on each other due to misunderstood moments/games.

I am defining these from personal experience. I'm defining these because I know people with them (my uncle mainly) who hand make these things.

Lag Switches -
    >May actually cause you to drop out of a game if used incorrectly.

>They skip through buildings. In RDR it's common to see them doing a repetitive action (generally the last thing they were doing when the flipped it) like climbing over something, jumping, running, crouching up and down.

>The appear on one side of a building and then out the other side where there are clearly no exit/entrances

> The moment the flip the switch and they're standing still you can't kill them because the game thinks they're going to drop out. But anything after deadeye will follow them and kill them. headshots (1-hit kill spots on other games) are delayed but also kill if you're lucky to actually shoot them.

Bad Connections *caused by you and them (not just one person. that's why it's called a CONECTion)
    > The aren't holding any weapons and they somehow shot you

> On the death sequence (after you die and you view where they go, if you don't press x) they are sliding around the map instead of walking. Or it skips.

> You press select and then r1 you see the connection status bars on the left. Low = shitty connection. Higher than yours means you might not be able to beat them if they're in the same skill range as you because they've got those extra miliseconds on you

> You get shot and you don't hear anything it just happens.

> Harder to kill because of an improper connection. Games excludes your bullets because it thinks the players are about to drop so you're shooting them maybe 3 times in the head. Realistically only 1 shot got there because a connection was messed up when the other two connected to their head.

>Basically any suspicious activity involving delays other than described by lag switch.

Modded Controllers
    - Can be modded for other things. May require some PS3 modding as well
    > They are accelerated in speed in everything they do: Running, walking, crouching, shooting looks like a machine gun/dead eye

> They are easily taken care of. Report it after you experience it to PS3 http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/?a_id=218 they will somehow scan or go through records or further record the actions of the player and take appropriate action.

Side Note
    I've no idea how the hell the scan through all the actions in the RDR multiplayer but if it's anything like a normal log/error log on a website it's not hard to pull up a file for a recent action. Older things are archived or deleted i imagine... probably deleted since we don't pay to play.
    Lag switchers in my opinion are hard to get rid of. It's hard to prove they use it, especially if it's home made. Just looks like excessive interferences which many people have :banghead:

There are in game editors who will ban/suspend/delete data within moments of spotting a cheater. It has happened. A lot of people a couple months back reset their prestige. Oddly enough that's around the time editors were reported to have started their bahammer/delete routines.
    Now you might think turning off your PS3 will stop a deletion of data... it will but your PSN account is on a list and when you log back in I'm 100% you're you are forced to re-accept the terms of service and when you login you've lost all your multiplayer data and start as a greenhorn

PSN does not ban IP address yet they ban accounts. XBOX bans IPs from what I hear.

2. GOLDEN-xKILLAx

GOLDEN-xKILLAx Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    U got the lagswitch down except for The appear on one side of a building and then out the other side where there are clearly no exit/entrances....thats pretty much impossible to do with a switch. one thing that is good to do though is sit on a corner, hit the switch move then let go of it and u will telaport to wereever u ever are

wow sorry for my failure on grammer at the end of my statement... ull telaport to were u actually are.

3. Weary2cool

Weary2cool "Fist Pump"

Ratings Received:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    someone should report dcmf murderer

he laggs n shoots rapidly till the gun empty, im sure thats signs of a mod controller

4. Hika_Zee

Hika_Zee Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I as well as players on my team occasionally see random newbs and teammates teleporting all over the place (distances way to big to travel in mere seconds)
    Even on the mini map their DOT shows them pop from say the south side of the city, next to you, the west side, north side, middle and back all in 4-6 seconds. If they leave the match and come back, or stay till the next match it will stop so it seems like a connectivity issue.

Though it could easily be an effect of a lag switch.. The Double roll is definitely an effect of connectivity issues. I have seen nearly every well known player do it at-least once, even random low level newbs double roll.

Anyone have an answer for the triple roll or half roll?

Seems like most lag switchers teleport distances capable of being traveled in 2-6 seconds.

5. Weary2cool

Weary2cool "Fist Pump"

Ratings Received:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    if u see them half rolling or triple rolling they're still moving offline u jus can't see they're actual movement. head shots still work if its jus connection issues but if they're takin shots an not dying its because they're actually offline an they're not where they appear to b in the game

my first video i post will be a compilation of laggers in red dead ima bust everybody out. im pretty sure alot of people that play wit shooter r lagging on purpose. no excuse for so many people that play together to all be lagging everytime you play them

i am the hater police n ur clearly hating on people in the wrong thread. STOP THE HATING PEOPLE

6. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,623 / 85 / -6
    This is a characteristic of it. And it's not impossible, the lag causes you not to see them moving around the building or anything. So it looks like they go right through it. But if you're using it you obviously know the route you took to get there.

7. GOLDEN-xKILLAx

GOLDEN-xKILLAx Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah true...idk i havent seen tht one yet and weary i totally agree with you about DCMF-Murderer yesterday i was in a posse battle against him and he was usin a switch on us and a modded controller..... every single shot he made was rapid fired. one time he spawned right in front of me and he rolled around and "deadeyed" the fuck out of me with a volcanic.

8. Weary2cool

Weary2cool "Fist Pump"

Ratings Received:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    yea its def not deadeye he using lol

idk y but when my game starts to lagg i move threw walls without trying but i can oviously tell the character isn't functioning correctly an cut my system off i can't play wit a lagg

9. K-Mac84

K-Mac84 Banned

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don't know if its true but I heard that if someone is using a lagswitch in the session then there will be a delay on picking up weapons/deadeye...you know how you have to stand on the bin and wait a bit before you actually get the gun.

I hate the half roll...anytime someone does it to me I always think 'psych'!
    I saw someone quadruple roll once...beat that...lol

10. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,623 / 85 / -6
    The delay in getting a weapon and deadeye may happen when the switch is hit but it also happens when people are having trouble connecting to the session. Sometimes when people are trying to leave the session the same thing happens.

It sucks :[

11. Colt_KingCobra

Colt_KingCobra Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +105 / 1 / -0
    Ask the Basterds that use it to gain an advantage because theyre so shit, that they can't win fairly. Won't mention any names, but you know who you are and i really hope that R* comes on your case.

12. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,623 / 85 / -6
    Uhhh i do believe i cited my source. my uncle builds them and uses them. sometimes sells them. he does not play rdr though but i went over it with him to get the characteristics.

and also no one better egg on the calling out peoplei will send that shit to group therapy. this is not a call out thread its to help identify it when used.

13. BORN-T0-GAME

BORN-T0-GAME Banned

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was curious when someone is using thier lag switch i find them really hard to kill i hear people saying they need 2 or 3 direct headshots to kill them . Does having a lag switch take more shots to kill them ..

14. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,623 / 85 / -6
    yeah i talked about that in the first post

15. Sickmindjuh

Sickmindjuh Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks persht, I have seen people moving with the motion of climbing a fence, or the half-roll. But now I know its a lag switch. Also the shooting without sound I always thought of a sign of lagswitch, but now I know it is just connection related. :)

16. jaydog7714

jaydog7714 Gunslinger

Ratings Received:
    +151 / 1 / -0
    it still amazes me how many people will cheat on a game just to get a few xtra kills.burn em all at the stake,fckn nancys

17. lil_matt30

lil_matt30 Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I got a message from someone at RockStar and they said when this new DLC comes out within a couple weeks alot of glitches *rapid fire* and vulnerabilities wont work anymore. They are going to release a update for the game itself also. So hopefully alot of this crap will get taken care of. I just wish they would fix their crappy servers instead of putting out new free DLC.

18. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,623 / 85 / -6
    Rockstar doesn't own the servers. Sony does. So blame sony :D

19. kpayn68

kpayn68 Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rockstar nor Sony own the servers, they're farmed out to GameSpy.

20. Persht

Ratings Received:
    +1,623 / 85 / -6
    When i say own i mean pay... LOL but either way Rockstar has no control they merely provide the game.