1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

The journal of Captain Obvious

Discussion in 'Red Dead Discussion' started by Chinny-againny, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +212 / 27 / -1
    (The Noob sits on the steps outside the Saloon in Armadillo, sulking sadly.....suddenly, over the horizon he's sees a familiar figure dressed in black, riding a white horse and smoking a cigarillo...he can't make out the figure at first due to blurring from the sun, but as the figure comes closer he realizes who it is).

NOOB: It's Captain Obvious! It's Captain obvious! Hey everyone he's back!

(All of the towns folk of Armadillo come from their houses to greet him as he rides up from the long desert behind him)

NOOB: Captain Obvious where have you been????

Captain: (Tips hat to the noob). Well kid, I've been at game stop, buying and playing games that actually work. I am currently waiting to move into my new house and am staying somewhere in which the only internet I can get is a hot spot on my phone so I can't say I've been online much. I've been spending time in the single player offline world and I'm enjoying myself. I'm currently playing L.A. Noire, Batman Arkham City and I have 7 other games to play at home so I can't say I'll be back any time soon.

NOOB: But....those are REALLY old games?

Captain: So is RDR kid.....does it make it any less fun to play? NO. SO while you spend 50 bucks a game I get 10 games for 50 bucks that are all worth playing so you can suck it. I'll get a PS4 when I'm good and ready.

NOOB: But.....what will we do? How will we survive without you?

Captain: (The towns people all look at him.....eagerly awaiting his response) Well kid, you were doin' fine before I came along and you'll be just fine without me. But know this, someday, when online gaming returns to what it should be and there's a new RDR map to explore (RDR EUROPE, ARFICA, AND OR CANADA MAYBE???) you'll be sure to find me there.
    Until then.....STFU and quit yer cryin'!!!!!

WHAP!!! (slaps noob across the face)

(The crowd gasps)

(Captain begins to slowly ride out of town into the sunset)

NOOB: I love you Captain Obvious! I'll always remember you!

Captain: That's because you're a complete Panzy kid.....that's because you're a complete Panzy....

THNSAWOITS

• Like Like x 1
  2. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,612 / 85 / -6
    Hope you got that internet situation sorted out.

3. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +212 / 27 / -1
    NOOB: (standing on the porch of the Armadillo Saloon) Hey Captain Obvious? Who the heck is this guy? He says he's you?
    [​IMG]

CAPTAIN: A mere shadow of what I am! I was Captain Obvious long before this clown ever came along and I will be long after he is gone! I hate this boob! Before he came along I was like the 2nd or third thing you saw when you googled "Captain Obvious" .... now I'm so deep I don't even know where I turn up.

NOOB: Ummmm....not to pee in your Kool Aid, but don't you think there were other people using the idea of Captain Obvious long before you? I mean it's really not that original of an idea. The phrase "thanks Captain Obvious" has been around for decades.

CAPTAIN: (squints eyes as rage builds in his face.....winds his arm back s far as he can and backhands the NOOB) WHAAAP! (The NOOB is backhanded so hard that he goes flying through the doors leading into the saloon, across the room, and crashes through the back wall landing back by the barn).

CAPTAIN: That'll learn ya you ingrate!

THNSAWOITS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +212 / 27 / -1
    NOOB: Hey Captain obvious, since RDR 2 is pushed back can I still paly RDR 1 online?

Captain: Well kid, you can, but I'd also spam message the crap out of Rockstar to try and get them to fix it. It's still a mess and pretty glitchy at times.

NOOB: Is it still worth playing?

Captain: Heck yeah! Every match is full of NOOBS and you can head shot them until they rage quit or vote you out! I got voted out of 7 matches yesterday and was honestly going for a record. Today I'm gonna go for 8!

NOOB: You're such a prick....

Captain: Right Diddleyon! (THNSAWOITS)

5. pundrang

pundrang Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    I bought Switch for a month. It’s fun. But it can only last over two hours each time I play Zelda. The official dock is really a bummer. It can’t allow me to play games while charging Switch. Very inconvenient. Just wondering if you guys have encountered the same issues? Is there any way out of it? Say, a adapter to charge the Switch? I googled and found this adapter, which realized all functions of the official dock. You can play games as you charge it. Super great. Share it with you guys

6. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +212 / 27 / -1
    NOOB: Hey Captain Obvious? How come some guy posted about the Nintendo Switch on this thread? This isn't even RDR on topic? WTF?

Captain: I dunno kid, some sidewindin' bastards just don't know what they're doin'.

NOOB: Not to be a dick but.......I don't even think RDR is available on the switch? And who buys a stupid Nintendo Anyway? Those are kiddie systems....

Captain: (Quickly hides his NES mini classic behind his back) Ummm.....Errr....Ahhh.....I dunno kid, only pussies play Nintendo.

NOOB: (Noticing something behind the Captain's back). Hey.....whatcha got there?

Captain: NONE OF YER GODDAMN BUSINESS! Now, as far as current game play goes for RDR on PS3 it's till glitchy but it works from time to time. Even some of the old players like me have been playing again in anticipation of the new title....I've seen Bad Nun (tried to friend me...HA! As if) and Alaska Mad Hit Man (who has taken to camping 100% of the time these days) and a few others. The good news is that there are no lag switching hackers anymore so I hardly ever lose a match. I get voted out frequently just because I'm kicking everyone's ass. Anyhow, you can get into free roam easily and troll, FFA matches usually work, and gang matches from time to time. Once again I advise everyone to send Rockstar a message asking them to fix it since RDR2 won't be out for a while.

(THNSAWOITS)