1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Member Connections problem.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Sparda_dk_34, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Sparda_dk_34

Sparda_dk_34 Greenhorn

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I hate changing every time to and from every server to find a good area to play at and with my friends. But ok my question is this, does every brand type modem or router effects the ability to play within range within the player's connection? And to share my type of modem is 2WIRE from AT&T. I know every time that a strong connection and average connection cannot be work like that, but I really am hating to change every free roam area servers and I wanted a equal connection.

2. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,612 / 85 / -6
    Modem affects very little. In fact, I am certain that most modems are built to handle more than you are paying for. The only way it could affect you is if hardware is failing and it shuts off on its own or your NAT settings are wrong. It is best to play on wired connection and not wifi.

If you want the best matches possible then do not make friends. Most games design their multiplayer matches so people of the same ping level are fighting each other. When you invite others it will change that drastically...

You and yours friends ping will vary based on the games you play.

I find better RDR rooms and matches alone. Though its not long before people invite their friends and everything goes out the door lmao.

3. TequilaFire

TequilaFire Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,696 / 25 / -0
    Go to your PS3 network information and see what NAT type it is reporting, it must be NAT 1 or NAT 2,
    you do not want NAT type 3 as this will cause the problem you are describing.
    A router or combo modem/router can affect your connection if it is set for restrictive NAT 3.
    Also a lot of older modem/router combos can't handle the faster internet connections, their processors can't keep up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Persht

Persht Administrator Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,612 / 85 / -6
    Yeah I did not consider he may have an old 2Wire modem. ATT has had 2Wire since I was about 11-12 years old lol! Thats about 10+ years old.