1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RDR 2 tips

Discussion in 'Red Dead Discussion' started by Chinny-againny, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +217 / 27 / -1
    Feel free to post any tips or tricks you have found in playing RDR2 single player campaign here!

2. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +217 / 27 / -1
    SPOILER ALERT!
    A couple of things so far, Doctor's office in Valentine: Schofield revolver found if you look in the back window and then hold up the store and deal with the side business in the back run by the O'driscols.
    Lancaster Repeater: found in Rhodes in basement of Gunsmiths after you help the kid who calls to you from the basement.
    Gold bar in Sherrif's office of burnt out town just south of base camp worth 500 to a fence.
    Talk to the writer in the small saloon in Valentine and do all 4 legendary gunslinger missions to get special guns.
    This one should be obvious but Upgrade your Camp whenever you can afford it!
    So far I have found little use for pelts or anything crafted from them. I did buy a saddle bag for my horse which is handy but otherwise have not seen the value in crafting items into clothing so I am not wasting time hunting yet.....I made the hat out of the bears head when I killed the legendary bear but only because it's funny. You can do this at the trappers camp.
    HELP PEOPLE: You get rewards! I helped a guy who had been bitten by a snake and later in town he got me anything I wanted from the gunsmith so I got the Springfield!
    Bond with your horse: they will learn new tricks and get faster.

3. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +217 / 27 / -1
    SPOILERS AHEAD:

Double action revolver found in Lonnnies shack/pleasance area.

Pump action shotgun found in Chez Porter Gang hideout north of Valentine. This is a fun hideout but come armed. Also search the upper part of the barn....there is some good money up there in a chest!

Semi automatic Shotgun is found in the cellar of a senile old lady just North of the word "River" in Little Creek River. No killing needed here....just walk in, say hi, and ignore everything else she says.....once you get the shotgun run outta there! She'll yell that you stole it but no one will see.

Always do every upgrade you can to your guns including wrapping them except for scopes unless you really think you need a scope on every rifle? Once you get the rolling block that's all you really need. Also oil them.

Feed your horse.....pat your horse....brush your horse.....

If money has been a struggle don't worry. Once you do the bank robbery in Chapter 3 you get like 3000 which is seriously more than you need.....

Deadeye is you friend. Always keep a ton of tobacco on you and deadeye the crap out of everyone in a shootout or gang/bandit hideout.

Some people are raving about that white horse up in the mountains but I just bought one for 450 that seems fine.....not sure if I want to waste my time in the hills tracking it down.....

4. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +217 / 27 / -1
    Upgrade your gunbelt and bandolier in chapter 3 and start investing in some more powerful ammo. You'll be able to carry more and kill faster. It will cost you some money though so wait until you have a few hundred to spare before doing it....

5. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +217 / 27 / -1
    Derailed train treasure! This thing is kind of a pain to get to the gold bars and I only grabbed one when I did it (by accident) and there are actually 2. The lower train cars are easy to get to but do yourself a favor and watch the video in this link. I died several times trying to get to the gold bars but did get in there eventually. If you are short on cash it is a good spot to get some....it's also a fun little side distraction if you don't have enough time to do a full mission....

https://gamerant.com/red-dead-redemption-2-derailed-train-treasure/

• Like Like x 1
  6. deacon_frost

deacon_frost Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    About everybody uses that infinite gold glitch now for money.

7. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +217 / 27 / -1
    I screwed it up by not using auto save......I kind of like this because I've had to work for my money and it has made it worth while to search for abandoned locations like the derailed train and then try to figure out where the money is. I found an old fort the other day too that had a basement with some money and a gold nugget in it. Some days I don't even go for missions (stranger or main) and just explore to see what I find.....stumbled across that Hobbit looking house the other day....the witches cauldron.....and some other fun stuff.....trying to extend this game as long as I can because a new one won't be out for another 10 years....

8. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +217 / 27 / -1
    For a some funny side missions help the Russian scientist Draco with his little boats in Saint Denis....then follow through with the 2nd mission that only happens at night up at the laboratory that happens in the hills.....this is as far as I have gotten with Draco but they are all fun silly little missions to do.....you don't get anything out of these but if you're looking to complete all of the missions they are fun. I'm about 60% through the game and suddenly realized that I don't really want it to end so instead of following main story missions I have been doing side missions for a few days now and a lot of them are fun. When there are none left to see on the map I'll go back to main story but I figured hey...why not get the most out of it until online starts? Also check the map at different times of day...some missions only appear during certain times like the one I mentioned above.

9. Chinny-againny

Chinny-againny Wrangler

Ratings Received:
    +217 / 27 / -1
    Aberdeen Pig Farm: Did not realize this but there is money stashed behind the portrait when you walk into the cabin.